Established in 1963, CSEAS engages with Southeast Asian countries, academic institutions and communities in the US through its academic and public programs. Under the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, CSEAS offers:
- Fellowship and scholarship opportunities
- Language training in Burmese, Indonesian, Khmer, Tagalog and Thai
- Research in a variety of disciplines
- Cultural and networking activities
- Study abroad in Southeast Asia
NIU’s unique program on engaged learning also provides rich resources and through NIU and CSEAS, I will help develop engaged learning tools and methodologies for HaB. One of the experiential projects I am currently working in Myanmar is to write Histories of Myanmar through (un)popular works of cartoonists, poets and writers.